Office of Public Instruction (OSPI) Zoom Meeting with WFIS – April 2, 2020
Essential workers at schools
- On the public side this is happening at the district level. We encourage you to check in with your local ESD about what essential looks like for them.
- In conversation with Higher Ed about not only this year’s seniors but also juniors in regards to credits and testing requirements. Look for a systemic answer not each individual institution.
When are we coming back?
- A decision about the current closure, whether to extend it or not, should be coming within a week from the governors office.
- Chris’ statement was that looking at the science it’s hard to see a scenario that our current closure doesn’t get extended in some way.
- What will that look like? Virtual? Postpone? - how long
- Best practice would be to not be working 1:1 with students on the platform
It has security issues unless you configure the settings to make it safer. (password, waiting room, etc.)
LMS (Learning Management System)
- Safer to use an LMS that is for more than just meeting: Schoology, Microsoft Teams, Google Classroom, Juno by JupiterEd